Coping with stress looks different for everyone, as well as having different things or situations cause you to be in a stressful state. While it is sometimes viewed as an everyday occurrence, it Is not the body’s natural state. There are different types of stress with different effects on the body as studies have shown. Take for example, short-term-stress, it has been shown to boost the immune system. But chronic-stress has significant effects on the body’s immune system that eventually presents itself as illness. Medically speaking chronic-stress can raise the catecholamine and suppressor T cells levels, suppressing the immunity system.
What Does It Cause?
Stress can present itself in a physical way on the body, some symptoms may be very obvious while other symptoms can be confused as symptoms of a different illness or as irrelevant symptoms. For more information follow the link. Here are some of the common physical indicators:
- Feelings of fear, anger, sadness, worry, numbness, or frustration
- Changes in appetite, energy, desires, and interest
- Difficulty concentrating and in decision-making
- Difficulty sleeping (insomnia) or nightmares
- Physical reactions like: headaches, body pains, stomach problems, and skin rashes
- Worsening of pre-existing chronic health problems
- Worsening of mental health conditions
- Increase usage of tobacco, alcohol, and other substance.
What is the Relationship Between Stress and Illness?
It is important to not self diagnose yourself, please leave that to the health professionals. Being stressed does not automatically mean you have an illness. There are plenty of outside stimuli that could cause stressed to flair up. The relationship between illness and stress is complex, it is not simple. There are factors that can help determine the susceptibility to stress as it varies from person-to-person.
- Genetic Vulnerability
- Coping Style
- Personality Type
- Social Support
For more information about the services or any questions or concerns you may have please check out what Embracia Health Clinic offers, follow the link.